Thursday, September 19, 2013





                         Journal Van Tries            part 2





         Just as I was getting ready to leave the store, the old mans grandson came running up to him and told him there were wolves outside in the parking lot.  Not unusual I thought, you are by the lake and in a somewhat woodsy area.  The deputy became alarmed at the fact that there were wolves and radioed animal control and told us all not to go outside the store until animal control came and captured the wolves.
      I wasn't as afraid I continued out the door, having worked in the park service before and as a veterinary assistant, I was always around different animals I can handle myself I thought.  Walking out, the two wolves, cubs to be exact a male and a female came running toward me, I simply reached out and patted them both on the head,  they seemed very calm and relaxed.
      As the deputy came out, the wolves hunched their backs and snarled at the officer.  No I said, the wolves backed down and ran off.   Strange the deputy said to me ,very strange, I will see you tonight Mr. Knepp at 8pm he said as he got into his cruiser, sure I said, I'll be there.
     As I drove back to the cottage on falls road I drove past the old once elegant Van Druzul mansion on old Clifton Blvd overlooking Lake Erie.  The fog seemed to develop around the mansion and envelop the old carriage house where the properties caretakers live.
      Wow I thought to myself, I could be living there one day, if only I had paid attention to my older relatives, to their stories, to old Auntie K, but as a young kid I found their ancient tales rather dull and boring, and now those tales of old bring me back to Cleveland, summoned back by a voice from the grave.
____________________________________________________


end part 2 of the serial Journal Van Tries, come back Saturday for part 3 of the journal van tries, who is it that comes to see johnathan, does johnathan attend the neighborhood meeting, what is the summons, how can it come from a grave, who is the old man from the hardware store why does the old man stare at johnathan. tuen in Saturday afternoon, same van tries time same van tries channel.

The Journal Van Tries, a work of fiction by
Tim R. Francis  Lorain, Ohio 44052...... serial
 

No comments:

Post a Comment